Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Music


For me, music is a vital part of my life, I can’t imagine my life without music, when I travel one of the things that I more miss is my music, is very useful for think in something else, for escape reality, it makes me feel free.


I listen a lot of music of all kind, but I preferred rock and also grunge, they are my favourite, because of the meaning of the lyrics, the voice, and the power of the guitar. I don’t really dislike any kind of music except maybe reaggeton (just for listening because for dancing is fine) and death metal because I hate the guttural voice.

My favourite singer is Layne Staley of Alice in Chains, because his voice is perfect at least for me, because of his strength and quality is unique, and he always has sang great even when he was over the effect of drugs or sick.


I have been to 4 concerts and I have seen a lot of live music, and I love it every second, listen to live music, can’t compare to listen recorded music, the feeling of being between thousands of people singing, and listen to your favourite musicians just a few meter of you it’s unforgettable, sadly I can’t never see Layne Staley because he die of a overdose a few year ago.


I live in Curicò and there they are just a few radio stations and they are usually boring so I listen a lot more my own collection of music, I was made this collection by downloading music of the internet, or with the help of friends who also love music and borrow me their collection, When I really love a band I always try to buy their original cd, but only if I can, because in Chile music is very expensive.


I play just a bit of guitar and I can’t read music but, make music/noise with the guitar makes me happy (:

Finally I think music is so important for people because give the opportunity of escape reality and dream, think, and fly in the middle of reality, it’s a great way to “travel” without drugs.

2 comments:

  1. Grunge is a great type of music, I think.
    Everyone hates reguetón! I agree with that too, but I don´t even dace it
    Greetings,
    V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I saw Layne for the first time, and I told you that he was dead XD
    Sorry, he's not a good looking man. You has just sent a photo very polished (:
    But I agree that in Chile music is very expensive!

    ReplyDelete